I made a little wish list of everything I would love to include in the "new" bathroom. My goal with every room is to keep the charm of this midcentury home, but also bring it up to date to give it a contemporary feel.
1. Kohler Moxie Single Function Showerhead with Wireless Speaker- because I like to sing in the shower and I like the sleek look of it. And let's be honest, it's just a cool gadget to have.
2. Waffle shower curtain- we already own this which makes it an easy decision. The only problem I've had with it, is that it shrank like a man in a cold pool when we washed it. But I do love how simple and clean it looks in any bathroom. I may just buy an extra long one so when it shrinks, it'll be the perfect length.
3. Chrome Vanity Light- I am obsessed with chrome and brass lately. This has the vintagey modern, sort of industrial look that we are going for.
4. Hello Sign- because who doesn't like to be greeted while on the loo.
5. Towel Ring- we need somewhere to hang our hand towels! Duh!
6. Aqua Blue Glass Knobs- I love these to dress up a simple vanity and add some character.
7. Beveled Oval Mirror- simply because I cannot find a rectangular mirror that I'm in love with. This one seems like it can get the job done.8. Hex Mosaic Tile - I can't tell you how in love I am with this tile. I would marry it, if that was a thing.
9. Paint Colors- I think bathrooms should be a tranquil place and these colors are very spa like to me.
10. Martha Stewart Living Vanity- I love this vanity but it is slightly out of our price range. It is similar to the white one we have now so I may just slap some gray paint on that bad boy and pretend it's brand new.I'm sure the budget will change and priorities will shift with this project but it's always good to have a guideline and a plan! We hope to start working on our bathroom within the next month, here's hoping! I will be sure to keep you updated on the progress!